Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Set the World on Fire!

Every person has a desire to fit in and be accepted, so a phrase like set the world on fire is something that not many of us want to do. However, God calls us to be different and live in the world and not of the world. He wants us to set the world on fire and change the world around us. If we don't live every day trying to make a difference then what are we really doing? What is our purpose in life? I love how Britt Nicole puts it in her song Set the World on Fire. In it she says "I am small but You are big enough. I am weak but You are strong enough. Take my dreams, come and give them wings, Lord with You there's nothing I can't do." That is an amazing truth! We are small and weak, but we serve an amazing, all-powerful God. He can take our dreams and bring us beyond anything that we could have ever imagined. Trust in Him today. I can't promise that your life will be perfect, but I can say that you will have a God that will never leave you or forsake you. Rest in that :)

Set the World on Fire!
by Britt Nicole::

I wanna set the world on fire
Until it's burning bright for You
It's everything that I desire
Can I be the one You use?

I, I am small but
You, You are big enough
I, I am weak but
You, You are strong enough to
Take my dreams
Come and give them wings
Lord with You
Nothing I can not do
Nothing I cannot do

I wanna feed the hungry children
And reach across the farthest land
And tell the broken there is healing
And mercy in the Father's hands

My hands my feet
My everything
My life, my love
Lord, use me

I'm gonna set the world on fire
Set the world on fire

1 comment:

  1. In order for us to shine for Jesus in this world we have to shine in the darkness - - and thus the darkness is exposed. This often puts Christ-followers at odds with the world. Yet, this is the very means that God has ordained to save some out of the darkness.

    ReplyDelete