Thursday, October 21, 2010

I am

Through all of our lives God is there. Many times we can't see Him at work in our lives, but He is always there. When we are children and we are scared and feel all alone God is there to wrap us in His arms and be our "superhero." When we grow a little older we can give our broken hearts and spirits to God and He will heal them. Even when we feel like we have no friends, He will be our best friend in the whole world. Through every point and time in our lives He will always be there to comfort and guide us. He will be our “Creator, Maker, Life-sustainer, Comforter, Healer, Redeemer, Lord and King.” He will be our everything. As you go through the rest of the day, remember that whatever you do you have God on your side. He will bring you through every trial and uncomfortable circumstance. If God brings you to something then He will bring you through it. Have faith and believe in that. One song that reminds me of this truth is "I am" by Nicole Nordeman :)


Pencil marks on a wall I wasn't always this tall, You scattered some monsters from beneath my bed, You watched my team win, You watched my team lose, You watched when my bicycle went down again, And When I was weak unable to speak, still I could call You by name, and I said “Elbow healer, Superhero, come if You can,” and You said “I am”


Only 16, life is so mean, what kind of curfew is at ten PM You saw my mistakes, You watched my heart break  Heard when I swore I’d never love again. When I was weak, unable to speak, still I could call You by name, and I said “Heart-ache Healer, Secret-keeper, be my Best Friend” and You said “I am”


You saw me wear white, by pale candlelight, I said forever to what lies ahead two kids and a dream, with kids that can scream too much it might seem when it’s two AM when I am weak, unable to speak, still I will call You by name. “Oh Shepherd, Savior, Pasture-maker, hold on to my hand,” and You say “I am.”


The winds of change, And circumstance blow in and all around us so we find a foothold that’s familiar, And bless the moments that we feel You nearer Life had begun, I was woven and spun, You let the angels dance around the throne, who can say when, But they’ll dance again, when I am free and finally headed home


I will be weak, unable to speak, still I will call You by name “Creator, Maker, Life-sustainer, Comforter, Healer, My Redeemer, Lord and King, Beginning and the End, I am, yes, I am.”

To check this song out on youtube follow the link :)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YeUuF3fE9iQ

No comments:

Post a Comment