Saturday, October 16, 2010

Amazing Because it is

Yesterday in chapel at my school we had an amazing time of worship. One of the best that we've had in awhile. In the middle of one of the songs I really stopped to think about the words, "Lord, I'm amazed by You, how You love me." In my mind I didn't really think much of them in practice, but during worship it hit me! God loves us! He didn't need to show His love toward us at all, he didn't even need to like us, but He did for His own good pleasure. Instead of seeing us in our sin and filth He saw us as covered by the blood of His Son. Without His love we would be nothing, and our lives wouldn't be worth living. However, because we have His boundless love given to us, we have the promise of being fully and completely accepted by Him. As a daughter of the King I don't have to look to the people around me for love, but I can look straight to the person that can love me with an eternal love. As your going through your day today, remember that God loves you, and be in awe by His love.

Amazed by Lincoln Brewster::

You dance over me while I am unaware
You sing all around but I never hear the sound.

Lord, I'm amazed by You
Lord, I'm amazed by You
Lord, I'm amazed by You
How You love me

You paint the morning sky, with miracle in mind
My hope will always stand
For You hold me in Your hand

How deep, How wide, How great
Is Your love for me.

1 comment: